Thursday, April 05, 2007

Manny Stiles Retires from Vanguard!

Holy Sheet! I can't believe I finally did it! Ten days short of nine years from the first day I entered as a temp! I went from processing transactions on multi-million dollar accounts to taking phone calls and placing stock and mutual fund trades for the same multi-million dollar clients. And what do I have to show for it (other than a deep knowledge of Vanguard's systems, VAST, AWD, WAVE and CINergy, an in-depth knowledge of how attendance, performance and behavioral policies are managed and TONS of scandalous information I could NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have been able to say while I was still employed there that I can now say for the right offer...) ...pretty much nothing.

I have several book ideas I can now begin to work on and of course, my beloved Devil Rays to follow - the story if you don't know , including a trip in a few weeks to Tampa, Hometown (and beloved for LONGER) Phoenix Suns to root to a Championship Parade

So I'm a stay at home Daddy, a.k.a. Mr. Mom now. It's been a day and a half and I've already done more cleaning than I did in the last 5 years combined. Here I thought that the house mysteriously cleaned itself! Mrs Stiles is a superhero.

No comments: