Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Playing the Name Game


****Warning: Here comes an over-the-edge prediction****

First a little background - Most people would agree; death is not a funny issue.

I, however think death can VERY much be a funny issue. It's very much a part of life! And to me, life is a hilarious series of hilarities thinly veiled by depression, sorrow, pain and suffering, death and taxes.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) - I think death is USUALLY funny; as long as it's not me, right??? Check out the link to DeadorAliveInfo.com (then check out how Orville Reddenbacher died)

[sidebar - actually, if I have an open-casket funeral (we'll see...) when I die, I want to dressed in full clown makeup and gear- this way everyone's last glimpse of me won't be of a fake looking human being, but more of a true representation of what is lying (there's a funny word) in that box - a vessel, not a being - my body will be there, but I won't; ya know? I am such a clown]

But what really baffles me is why the following scenario hasn't happened in a large, meaningful scale yet...

Imagine there's a person who has a very regular name becomes REALLY famous... the world love's them, then they screw up royally and become a scourge to society.

Then imagine there's a regular-seeming, but secretly unstable person out there with the exact same name.

Well the famous person ends up ruining the daily events of the regular person - the endless teasing, constant references to the works of the famous person, repeated teasing, more teasing, endless teasing, prank phone calls, people pretending to be papparazzi and then one day, they SNAP!!!! There are people out there teetering on this right now (see Office Space/Michael Bolton, Simpsons/Max Power episode to a lesser extent...)

The 'regular' person hunts down the 'famous' person with the same name and kills them!!!

I think that would be funny, ya know depending on the circumstances of course... (I hope there's not a lot of pissed-off Emmanuel Stiles's out there).

Imagine if it was TWO famous people involved in this scenario!!! Like Michael Keaton (whose REAL name is Michael Douglas) killing Michael Douglas (whose Dad's real name is Issur Danielovitch). That would shake up the world of entertainment, eh?

I know there's a Michael Jackson out there right now contemplating this... Odds are less there's an O.J. or Jessica Simpson, Dr Phil McGraw or Tom Cruise lurking in the darkness to make my day a little brighter (darn it).

It's not that I want to see people die - I'm not wishing death on hardly anyone - ok, maybe Dr Phil- I just like some good headlines every now and then..

No comments: