Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Few things will make you feel tearful joy like your 3 year-old daughter singing/shreiking to a death metal version of "Happy Father's Day"... indeed, one of the HAPPIEST moments of my life... Raw, unadulterated human fierceness with a zeal of screaming ONLY a 3 year-old could produce...

Too bad the recording equipment wasn't hooked up... while I can re-capture the idea, the song, the special effects, and the participants (I was playing drums, John Funk on the bass), the energy/setting will be impossible to reproduce.
I have recorded my little sweetie many times before, so she is familiar and comfortable using a microphone (she has vocal credits on 2 songs from Manny Stiles' album "Who the F*** is Manny Stiles?") but she took it to another level on Sunday.

Even my nine-month old son was dancing along!!!

Needless to say, I am consistently amazed and very proud of my little vocalist. Maybe not every father would enjoy this type of display from their children, but I was thrilled! To me it was 'Best Father's Day Gift' yet!!! Rock on, little one!

Look for some type of version of "Happy Father's Day" to appear on the next forthcoming album "To Be Named Later" by Manny Stiles - Fall 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was the kind of sound that would wake Ozzy Osbourne up in the middle of the night in acold sweat. Because he knows it was a sound he would never achieve in his darkest dream...

Higher pitched than a 24th fret E string.